Tuesday, August 14, 2012

School, a learning experience

Some moms know from the beginning that they won't be stay at home moms, and others know they will not work at all once they have kids.  Then there is me.  I am somewhere in the middle.  I like to get a way 2 or 3 times a week, but couldn't stand to work full time.  So a month or two ago we decided to put the girls into "preschool".  I wasn't aware of many things, and let's just say the facility I chose didn't work out for us.  So now we are on to a new adventure and the girls will be starting Building Blocks of Faith Preschool in September.  It is an actual Preschool, and they will be going for 2.5 hours, 3 days a week.  I am excited about this new adventure and think our girls will be well nurtured in a great environment.

Speaking of the girls, they are still growing like weeds, always the tallest kids, their age, around no matter where we are!  They are learning to write letters and numbers, and are working on sight words and lots of tracing.  Crafts, and anything to do with patterns are a huge hit for them right now.  They will create a pattern out of anything if they can.  Pretend play is also very important to them right now.  They enjoy pretending to be Mommy and baby, or to be owner and pet, it is very cute and makes me so happy they have each other.

Next month they will turn 4 and I am ready for it, but at the same time wondering how it came up so fast.  It felt like 3 seemed to last for ever in the middle but these last 2 months have flown by.  They are changing from the chubby toddler look to the lanky little girls I knew they would become, it just seems to be happening sooner than I expected.  They are both assertive and brilliant in their own ways, picking up on different skills at different paces but equally intelligent.  They both excel at sports, just in different ways.  Isabel is very into balancing and hopping on one foot, spins and twirling.  I think I could have a gymnast or cheerleader here, but Alexa seems to want to play soccer or T-ball mostly.  After doing dance last year, we opted for Soccer this fall, and possibly in the spring, and will maybe pursue gymnastics in the spring or summer.  For now it is soccer, and it starts next week, so look for pictures soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment