Tuesday, May 01, 2012

We are at your birthday Mommy

Since January we have been discussing the birth dates of the members of Doug and my family.  First is was Pop Alex in January, then Aunt Kim, and Uncle Matt also in January, Meme in Feb, Uncles Chris and Rob in March, etc etc and we would tell the girls about who's birthday it was and try to call and get them to sing "the birthday song" as they call it.  Sometimes it worked, others it didn't, but mostly they were interested in keeping track of when my birthday was.  Talk about a perfect match, they are all about my birthday and so am I!!!  But seriously they began to ask how much longer until my birthday about once a week.  So yesterday, they were so excited to call me at work and sing happy birthday, and announce to me then "we made it to your birthday mommy!"  It was a long time coming it seems.

So as the day when on we decided to keep it low key (my choice!) and do a simple dinner at Chipotle (again my pick!), and at some point Doug said that Lexi seemed upset and when he asked her what was wrong, she told him "I'm worried they won't have cake when we get to Mommy's birthday (at Chipotle)!".  That kid is so much like her mom!

Doug loads them up in the car and they are all waiting for me to get to the restaurant but my bus is running late.  They call me from the car and on the speaker phone in the car, I hear both of the girls screaming "Mommy Mommy, we are at your birthday!  Hurry Mommy we are already here at your birthday!"  Gotta love them girls.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment