Thursday, December 02, 2010

One of the many days I have feared...

To many it may sound silly, but there are specific moments in the girls lives that I fear.  Not the terror type of fear, but more so the saddened to see that time pass fear.  The fear of knowing I will never again have "this".  Another of those moments is quickly arriving, and I again wish I could just hit the slow motion/pause button in our lives as mother and daughters; but alas there is no stopping them... 

The girls can both get out of their cribs on their own!!!!!!! 

I know, it's probably a huge let down to most of my readers after that build up, but for me, Mom, this is huge.  It means I have to start thinking about toddler beds, and that translates into my beautiful little babies becoming little girls.  The start of the end of toddlerhood if you will; or rather the beginning of the progression from toddlerhood to childhood.  Rationally, I know there are 10,000 ways to think about this event in our lives, but for me, it is scary entering a new phase of their lives. 

I am still holding out hope that the exiting of the pack and plays while we were in North Carolina visiting Doug's parents, and the subsequent escape from their cribs two days later at home, are isolated events and I will be able to keep them "caged" a while longer.  I realize they are ready to be free to get out of bed whenever they like, but let's be honest, I AM NOT!!!!

Is it that I am not ready for them to be able to get out of bed by themselves or is it that I know this is the proverbial door opening to the world of self sufficiency and WILL POWER!?!?!?!  Can I handled TWO strong willed, determined, and if they are anything like me, sometimes rotten little girls?  I fear I cannot; and that I am not yet equipped to deal with power struggles eloquently.  Most importantly to not lose my mind in the process!  :)

I find it interesting that I have no interest in becoming a mom again, you know, the whole empty womb thing, yet I am struggling to let all these moments come and go.  I don't want to start all over with a new baby, but I do what to hold on with all my might to where the girls are now in their lives.  It sounds so selfish when I put it out there for everyone to read, but I could not be more in love with these two little girls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment